The Martin Bros. Culinary Team understands foodservice and has the expertise and years of experience necessary to help our customers come up with successful solutions. Our Culinary Team has the resources to help make both back-of-the-house and front-of-the-house operations successful.
Operations Consultant Scott Fadden specializes in the back-of-the-house details that take service and profits to the next level. Corporate Chef Steve Tiezzi creates full-flavored menu ideas with eye-catching appeal. Culinary Product Specialist Doug Voss brings you center of the plate, product application and yield test expertise. Business Development Manager John Smith offers the product knowledge to provide production ease and operational success. Martin Bros. puts together the pieces needed to impress diners while working at the highest efficiency and profitability.
The Culinary Team also keeps our customers informed about trends, new items and great deals that will make a difference for their establishments with the award-winning monthly Concepts Culinary Magazine and online instructional videos.
Concepts Culinary Magazine
Concepts is our award-winning monthly culinary magazine, featuring trends, ideas, chef tips and recipes from our corporate chefs and top vendors that provide appeal and increase profitability.
We offer a growing collection of instructional videos for our customers, including kitchen skills training and chef recipes. Our videos can be found either on our YouTube channel or through our business-to-business site, MartinsMart.com.
- Over 15 years of experience.
- Culinary degree from The Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, New York.
- Expertise in culinary arts as well as foodservice marketing, training, communications and administration.
- Work experience includes positions as a Kitchen Supervisor, Sous Chef, Executive Chef and Foodservice Business Manager.
- Achievements include being named a Delegate for the Sara Lee Foodservice National Culinary Advisory Board and Chef of the Year by the Heart of Illinois Professional Chefs Association.
- Over 30 years of experience in the foodservice industry.
- Culinary training in commercial food, baking, restaurant management principals and nutrition and food safety from MTI (now Minneapolis Community & Technical College).
- Managed full service restaurants, deli management, catering director, department specialist, fast food management and past restaurant and catering owner.
- Expert in financial analysis; covers all aspects in foodservice, including menu/recipe development, employee and management training plus service and operations.
Business Development Manager
- Over 13 years of experience in the foodservice industry.
- Previous experience as a foodservice broker; recognized as a top broker by distributors and customers.
- Expertise in identifying new product and product consolidation opportunities.
- Experience demonstrating menu application techniques to add plate appeal, provide production ease and reduce cost.
Culinary Product Specialist
- Over 25 years of experience.
- Extremely knowledgeable in center of the plate proteins including beef, pork, chicken and seafood.
- Expertise in product training, education and multiple item application ideas.
- Experience performing product yield tests to make the best choice of product for the application and figuring true cost.